Thursday, September 18, 2014

I ask for help....

I ask for help because I love the Lord.

Something you must know about me is that I absolutely loathe spiders! I can probably count on one hand how many spiders have been killed by my hands. They must die! But I personally can't do it! Anyone else but me!! :) The other evening as I was in the middle of my sleep I felt the pressure of a full bladder and so as most human beings do (unless you are like a kid then you just wet the bed) I got up to use the bathroom. As I turned the corner to reach the bathroom this THING was in the corner!!! THIS HUGE GIGANTIC SPIDER!!I could have sworn it was a tarantula or something. All hopes of relieving my blatter was out the window. I stood there paralyzed. I couldn't go around it to the bathroom and now that I've seen it I couldn't go to bed!!!! What was a woman supposed to do in such a predicament at 2am. The parentals were asleep and the dog was in the kennel. But really what was the dog going to do. I though
My knight in shining armor!! :)
t "I could just wake dad up." Now if any of you know my dad waking my dad from the dead of sleep would have been suicide! And plus I couldn't get to my parents room without going past the spider! The closer I inched to it the bigger it got and I thought there is NO way I was going to be the one to doom this awful creature to the fate it had coming to it. If I threw something at it I knew I was going to miss. (I struck out on T-ball people....my hand eye coordination was not peek) I did the only thing I knew how to do. Pray my little heart out. Now some of you must be thinking, why in the world would God care about this little incident that isn't life threatening and really in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter? God has so many other pressing matters. The mother who is dying of cancer, the daughter who is struggling with her marriage, the father who lost his job, and not to mention the starving children in Africa, How silly of me to be praying about a silly little spider. Well ladies and gentlemen I am here to inform you God cares about every single one us! Big or small, black or blue, no matter what the problem is in our lives He cares about what we care about. And in that moment I cared about getting rid of that spider; for my bladder and my sleep. So I prayed to Him asking if He would just wake my dad up so that my dad could kill the spider. In less than 5 minutes my dad woke up!!! To him it might have also just been the pressure of a full bladder but to me it was God answering my prayers!! He came and saved my day.

Most times the people that we love the most are the ones we go and seek help from. I love the Lord and so I ask Him for help often. And most times it's for small things and every time it still amazes me that God still cares. He loves us so much that when we ask we shall receive. I see that first hand almost daily. :)

I ask for help because I love the Lord. But I receive answers because He loves me! 

Next time you are in a bind or are needing extra guidance and strength please look to the one who loves you the most! Turn to God and He will help you. I can't guarantee immediate results. I don't always get immediate results like this spider experience but I know God is always aware and He helps when He knows it's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment