Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I am calm...

I am calm because I love the Lord.
This is strictly to give you an idea of the truck I drive. :)
And no I was not wearing that yesterday that is from a few years ago!

The sweetest thing happened to me yesterday! I get into the old clunker I call a truck (well really I call it the Beast and I'm the Beauty but that's beside the point) and start it up. It groaned as I put it into gear which should have been an inclination to me something was up. But needless to say I was already late and didn't want to be later so I thought nothing of it. Now something you must understand about this truck is that the gas gage goes a little hay wire so I didn't really know how much gas was in the truck; on a normal car I would have known the problem just by looking at my gages. As I am driving down a twisty road all the sudden the truck just stops. I attempt to pull off to the side but imagine if you will the slim streets of Europe...that's the kind of street I was driving on so I was still taking up my fair share of the road. Hopeless and helpless I wrack my brain of what to do. I pull over as best I can, I put on the hazard lights and of course called my mom. :) Silently a prayer was being said. While I am on the phone with my sweet mother this good samaritan stops by with an equally old truck and just happens to have a gallon of gas to spare. He gets out of his truck with a cigarette in his mouth and the gas in his hand (well it was in a container.....he would have had to be pretty incredible to hold a whole gallon of gas in his bare hands..). Such a sweet act of kindness from a man that seemed a little less than friendly was an eye opener for me yesterday. And that man was my saving grace.

Through that whole experience I was as calm as a cucumber which is not normal for me in such a situation. But I realized I was calm because I love the Lord., because I trusted Him. I trust that everything is going to be all right one way or another because He is watching me. There is nothing to fear when you love the Lord and trust His promised blessings. 

"...I do know that whosoever shall 
put their trust in God
shall be supported in their trials, 
and their troubles, 
and their afflictions, 
and shall be lifted up at the last day."
Alma 36:3





Prophets of old continue to teach us this simple but pure truth that if we put our trust in the one who knows us best we will have nothing to fear. God loves you so much. So much that even when you are stuck on the side of the road He provides a way for you to stay calm and to receive the help you need. 

I am calm because I love the Lord. But I am given the aid needed because the Lord loves me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment